Wednesday, September 5, 2007

WOW Wednesday

The first night of AWANA for the fall semester was great. We were blessed to see so many new faces in our church, both attending and serving. The parking lot filled up and the church was buzzing with the busyness of children, youth, and adults moving from room to room. We had 136 children enrolled in AWANA and we know there will be more to join us soon.

I enjoyed seeing so many volunteers, many of whom had worked hard all day and drove straight to the church to "work" again for hours before going home to rest. The servants at FBC Harlingen are such a great example of faithfulness and love. They embody the love of God for the children and their families every week, and often in times when they are busy, tired, and have concerns for the care of their own families. Yet, they never fail to bless those the Lord has called them to serve.

Please join me in praying for our faithful servants who volunteer their time and labor each week. Please join with me to pray for the children and their families, the word of God is spreading in their hearts and homes and we believe God's word never returns void.

Isaiah 55:10-11 (NIV)
"10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Excited about the word spreading,
Bro. Wade