Monday, March 9, 2009

Not about politics

One of the saddest comments I have read in a while was published in today's media.  When the restriction on embryonic stem-cell research was lifted by the President, the scientific community responded by saying they are glad that "ideology" is no longer leading our decisions as a nation.

I was swept to my knees to pray for a nation that has clearly lost its way in the world and has taken the word of God and respect for God's creation out of our decisions.  It is so alarming to know that those who reject God are celebrating the decisions of a president who professes Christ as Savior because he is not allowing Christian convictions to lead his decision making.

This is not a political statement, I am not a Republican or Democrat, my trust is not in men.  I am just worried for our nation.  Yes, I said worried.  God has made it clear what will happen to a nation that ignores the word of God - and since I am part of that nation, the truth is clear, we will face the punishment.

Please join me in praying for a spiritual renewal to sweep our nation, for the church to rise up; not just in political circles, but to take the gospel to our nation.  God's plan for the church in our nation has been for us to reach our nation with the gospel, not to simply take political stands.  When we focus on politics, we appear to be against people.  When we share the gospel we appear to be for people.

Rise Up, Oh Church of God!!!

fearful of the wrath of our living God,
Bro. Wade