Saturday, April 28, 2007

Appreciating my wife

This is the second weekend in a row that Jennifer has been away from the family. Last week she ministered and spoke at a Walk to Emmaus women's retreat, and this week she is participating in the FBC Harlingen women's retreat in Corpus Christi. I had the privilege of spending three days with my children last week and now two days this weekend in intensive "daddy time." I am loving it.

In Jennifer's absence, I find myself recognizing how much she does for our family. I mean, I see it all the time, but when she is not here, there are so many things that are missing. I hope you understand that I am not talking about housework. I have three children and when I am listening to one, who is going to listen to another child? When two children run into each other and both are crying, who holds one while I hold the other? When they each need attention and my eyes cannot cross any farther; who is going to watch their next learned trick?

My wife brings a great deal of love into our home as a vessel of God's love. She pours His love into each of us and does it so often without notice or even a thanks. The Hood family is blessed indeed to have a great wife and mother in Jennifer.

During our current sermon series, so many families have discovered the treasures in their families; we too have found ours. Praise the Lord for our Jennifer.

Proverbs 18:22 (NIV)
"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD."

humbled by God's love,
Wade