Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Changed Lives

Changed Lives is more than just a phrase or logo that we use at First Baptist Church Harlingen. It is the purpose of our existence, the goal of everything we do, and the joy of God's heart. I have the special privilege of serving a great church that experiences the testimony of changed lives each week. I love to hear the stories from so many of how God has intervened in their lives and changed them through his grace.

I love to hear our children laugh and share "high-fives" and hugs as they move through the halls of our church buildings. I love to see our youth pray together in their small groups and worship the Lord with a new song during their group times. I love to see our adults encourage each other through prayer and fellowship. I grow excited when I hear of how God has used the Sunday School lesson, or a 5:14 Home Group session, or a sermon, or song to change someone's life.

This week we have heard of marriages that have been healed, adults who have been saved, children who have shared their faith, and others who have found a new "family" at FBC Harlingen. There have been so many testimonies lately and with great joy I know there will be many more to come. So join me in praying for God to continue to use us to change the lives of those around us.

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV)

From one whose life has been changed,
Wade