Thursday, May 17, 2007

Planting God's Word in the Next Generation

Wednesday evening's AWANA Award Night was so great to watch. I enjoyed hearing the names of so many children called as they were acknowledged for their efforts in memorizing and learning the Word of God this past year. It was great to think about how many lives and families will be changed for years to come by the word that was planted in this young generation. Knowing that somehow we had a part in what God was doing this year to change the lives of these young people (and their parents) was so humbling and yet amazing at the same time. Our church is blessed to have this opportunity - each year!

When we recognized all the volunteers who serve so faithfully in AWANAs, I found my heart filled with so much appreciation. My three children take part in this wonderful ministry each week and my family is blessed by these volunteers. So many of them work hard all day and rush to the church to make Wednesday happen at FBC Harlingen. I could never begin to thank them enough for what they do for the Lord, for so many children, and for my family.

I look forward to a great Summer of ministry to children and youth. I find myself praying for the leaders, volunteers, students, and their families. I can only imagine all that God is going to do.

Planting the Word with you,
Bro. Wade

P.S. Just to let you know, we will be presenting a minister to the church as a candidate for our Children and Discipleship Minister on June 10. We will vote during both services. Be praying.