Friday, May 25, 2007

Remembering

Every year I am thankful for the time we spend remembering those who have gone before us; those who have won and preserved our freedoms. I have three uncles who each served for over 20 years in the military, and I am thankful for their service that continues to bless my family. I remember having such a high respect for my grandfather as he reflected on his service during WWII. I grew up admiring and appreciating our soldiers who sacrificed so much for me and others. I know that my maternal grandmother's first husband, and the father of my eldest uncle, gave his life during WWII. This truth has never left me when I reflect on those who are serving our nation so faithfully now.

Let us remember to praise the Lord for those who have served and sacrificed so much for us. And let us remember to pray for those who are making the same commitment to us today.

During this time of remembering those who stand as soldiers for our nation, I must also remember those who stand as soldiers for the kingdom of God. I appreciate the many missionaries and ministers who have gone before us. I am thankful for those who carried the gospel into all the world years before I was born. I appreciate those who served as ministers, laboring for years in anonymity. (Not everyone is named Billy Graham)

I remember the Sunday School teachers, the Vacation Bible School leaders, the van drivers, the Children's Church workers, and of course the Pastors I have been blessed with during my life. I am so thankful for each of them. I must admit the names are getting harder to remember as I get older, but I know the Lord knows their names (He has already called some of them to be at home with Him). Those who shared Jesus with us are some of the most important people in our lives. Please join me in praising the Lord for those who have stood in the gap for us and share Christ with us.
Let us pray for those who labor in the harvest today. Let us pray for the missionaries and ministers who have given their lives to the Lord for His ministry in this world. Let us join them in sharing Christ with the world around us daily.

Let us remember, praise the Lord, and pray for those who give of themselves today.

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you." Hebrews 13:7 (NIV)

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1 (NIV)

Remembering thankfully,
Bro. Wade