Saturday, June 9, 2007

Prayer Walking

What a beautiful view last Sunday morning! I was so blessed this past Sunday to walk through our buildings at FBC Harlingen and see hundreds of people praying. They were praying over the pews, praying in the hallways, praying with hands laid on the baptistry and pulpit and musical instruments. They prayed in the worship center, the chapel, the Kid's Worship room, and the Brady room (youth worship center). They prayed in the classes, in the Christian Life Center, in the dining rooms, and in the offices. They prayed while walking in the halls as they went to the next place to pray. People prayed alone, as a family, and some gathered in groups. It was amazing to see parents teaching children how to pray for their pastor, their Sunday School teacher, and the lost in the community. FBC Harlingen was truly a POWER HOUSE as it became a house of prayer.

I cannot imagine the full impact of all those prayers, but I can try. As I have walked the same halls during the week, I have imagined many things. I have imagined the guests that will come to join us for worship, and not really know why they have come to First Baptist Church. I have imagined the sincerity of worship to be offered this week, and those who will not know what was different this week. I have imagined the power of God's word moving through so many Sunday School teachers in the next few weeks, and those who will wonder why today is somehow different. I have imagined those whose lives will be changed, and I have imagined all those who prayed and walked through the halls of FBC Harlingen who WILL understand what has happened and why.

Thank you for praying with such passion and purpose and please pray without ceasing!!!

Praying with great expectations,
Bro. Wade