Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Evening to Remember

Last night (February 4) I was blessed to lead my daughter through her decision to accept Jesus as her personal Savior. Jennifer and I sat on each side of Rachel and Adam sat across from us as Rachel prayed and asked God to forgive her and to come into her heart. Her prayer was filled with so much thought, as she has been working through this for many months. It was amazing to see her finally come to understand how her sin had separated her from Jesus and how she desperately needed Jesus to restore that relationship for eternity. The tears in her eyes dropped to the deepest part of my heart as I saw the grace of God pouring over her.

She then called her family, her Sunday School teachers, her children's pastor and preschool pastor and her best friend. She then went to do something to help her older brother and on the way, she looked at me and said, "I can now do many good things to help others because the Holy Spirit is now in my heart." What a great theological statement from a 7 year old.

Thank the Lord for his saving grace. Thank the Lord for all the people he has used to teach Rachel about his love.

a very thankful dad,
Bro. Wade