Wednesday, January 23, 2008

First Day of Rehab

Today was my first day to attend Cardiac Rehab at Valley Baptist Medical Center. The class starts at 7:45 a.m. where I have my blood pressure and sugar tested. It then put on my heart monitor and we start warm-ups. Today I began my exercise with a 20 minute ride on a stationary bike. It was a good feeling, as I have been wanting to get some exercise. I struggled to keep the pace down to the speed they wanted me at on my first day. I actually felt more comfortable going faster, but they were wanting to evaluate my heart rate at the lower speeds on the first few days. All my vital signs are looking great.

I will attend Cardiac Rehab 3 days each week. However, I am looking forward to my leisure bike ride with my kids in the neighborhood, it has become our quality family time as of late and we all enjoy it so much. Rachel asks each day when I can go for a bike ride. It tell her it won't be long.

I truly am enjoying be home with the family each afternoon and night. I told the kids that we are having "family night" for two weeks - they loved the idea.

Once again, thanks for the prayers,
Bro. Wade